- About Onething.blog
- References to “our website” are to https://onething.blog, any sub-pages belonging to this domain, and any landing pages leading to this domain.
- We are outlining in this policy how we collect, store and use your information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you follow those links you do so at your own discretion.
This includes, but is not limited to, links to social media, such as Facebook, and other platforms, who have their own privacy policies.
We do not have any control over those websites and are not responsible for any information gathered by those websites and you should read those websites’ privacy policies so you can understand how they handle your personal data.
- The data covered by this policy
This policy covers data about or linked to a natural person (personal data), including:
- data that relates directly to you (e.g. your name, email address);
- data that does not directly identify you. This might include:
- Your IP address or mobile device’s unique identifier through the placement of cookies (see our Cookies statement);
- Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data, in order to help us tailor the service to your location or analyse where our visitors are located. You can prevent our access to your location data by clicking here.
- We may also collect data relating to your visits to our website that cannot identify you but records your use of our website, e.g. details of how long you have used the website and which pages you have visited.
- How your data is collected
- indirectly (e.g. by using website technology, such as cookies and similar technology)
- directly (e.g. when you comment on our blog posts, subscribe to our email list, communicate with us via email or other means)
- How we use your data
We use the data we collect as described in Section 5 to:
provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the website, monitoring website usage, including by conducting anonymised research;
- make sure materials on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
- serve you with targeted advertising both on third party websites and on social media;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses; protect our copyright;
- send you updates by email, if you have given us your consent to do so;
- Disclosing your information
- We may share your personal data if we are required to do so by law or in good faith, believing that doing so is necessary to comply with the law.
- We may share your personal data with third parties who are processing your data on our behalf e.g. to send you email updates if you have subscribed to that service. We never sell personal data and those third parties have no right to use your data for their own purposes or sell it to someone else.
- Where we store and process your personal information
The personal data that we collect from you is stored on computers and servers in the European Economic Area and the US (e.g. if you comment on one of our blog posts or if you request receiving email updates).
We continue to be the data controller, which means only we have the legal right to use your data.
- Our lawful basis to collect and process your data
- Legitimate interest: It is our legitimate interest to use website technology to gather and use data described in sections 5 and 6 (website usage, analytics, re-targeting advertisement). You have the option at any time to change your cookie settings or opt out of targeted advertisement. Please see our cookie statement for further information.
- Consent: If you consent to receive updates by email we will process your data for the activity your consent was given to. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our email newsletters.
- Consent: If you leave your personal data in the comment section after our blog posts, you consent for your personal data and your comment to be placed there publicly and remain there. You have the right to delete your comment at any time.
- Consent: If you contact us through our contact forms, by email, on social media or by other means, we will use the data you provide to respond to you.
We are committed to ensuring your personal data is secure.
For example, we use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt personal information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information, we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
- Data Retention
We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the services or information you requested, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to (e.g. by keeping a “do not contact me” list).
When we no longer need the information, we will dispose of it securely.
We may keep anonymised data for analytical purposes.
12. Contact us